Xtreme Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany - Pet Dog found a US Hand Grenade

2 posters

Go down

Germany - Pet Dog found a US Hand Grenade Empty Germany - Pet Dog found a US Hand Grenade

Post by Mystical Bubble Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 pm

A 40-year-old woman had let the dog off its leash near a stream on a walk Sunday on the outskirts of the town of Erkrath in western Germany's Neander Valley.

The animal found the grenade on the ground, picked it up in its jaws and trotted back to its owner.

"She recognised immediately that it was probably an old, rusted hand grenade," police said. "On the orders of the woman, the dog obediently put his find back next to the stream."

She then alerted the authorities who blocked off the area and dispatched a munitions expert who identified the object as a still live American hand grenade from World War II and defused it.

Germany is still littered with unexploded Allied munitions more than six decades after the war, leading frequently to major evacuations when they are discovered in densely populated areas.

Germany - Pet Dog found a US Hand Grenade 669622916-look-dog-brought-hand-grenade

Source: Yahoo!

Mystical Bubble

Number of posts : 394
Moods : Germany - Pet Dog found a US Hand Grenade A03c757a
Pets & Stuff : Germany - Pet Dog found a US Hand Grenade 0889f43bGermany - Pet Dog found a US Hand Grenade Cat

Back to top Go down

Germany - Pet Dog found a US Hand Grenade Empty Re: Germany - Pet Dog found a US Hand Grenade

Post by bambiy Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:08 pm

oh damn i was so scared when i read this post.. i love dogs.. REALY much and first when i saw this topic i thoughtthe dog made a grenade blow and the dog died.. thank god!
bambiy
bambiy

Number of posts : 83
Pets & Stuff : No Pets & Stuff bought by this member right now!

Back to top Go down